Monday, August 24, 2009

The First4Figures Statue is out!


Well it only took over a year but the 12" Sonic statue starting shipping out last week from all online shops that sell it (Forbidden Planet, Play.com, Play-Asia I presume, and a few others). Only 1500 have been made, so wherever or not pre orders gobbled all of those up or not is unknown but I've got mine and it's numbered 693, either that means they've been sent out at random or they're almost (or already) gone! Who knows!




Not really gonna take many photos of it seeing as First4Figures provided plenty themselves on their website, including a 360 degree spinny picture thingy, unlike the vinyl toys which we only saw one or two photos of until they came out. Mind you while those figures were around £10 each, this resin statue comes in at at least £65. Ouch, my poor wallet!


It comes with this card that let's you reserve 'the next statue in the series' with a code. Gulp! Another one?

Still it's quite nice, though I wouldn't say £65 nice for most people to splash out on. I'm not sure why they changed the eyes from the early version, but oh well. I do like the Green hill stand though, gives it a unique touch and it's hand numbered at the bottom of the stand too.

I have so many Sonic statue/figure type things now I've had to give them their own little shelf area now. Some will say I've tainted this image by throwing the Werehog figure in there, but he might get thrown aside from this lot when the new Metal Sonic figure come sout in a month or so (I'll post a promo photo of that later if you haven't seen it yet). I also have that Comic Con metal Sonic on it's way from America thanks to Barry getting me one. :)


"...shite."